Vaping on planes is illegal & very difficult to police
Vaping is strictly prohibited on all flights, both private and commercial.
This regulation is in place to ensure the safety and comfort of all passengers on board. Vaping devices are powered by batteries that are deemed a potential fire hazard on an aircraft, and the smoke or vapor produced can affect air quality. Furthermore, vaping can be a nuisance to other passengers who may be sensitive to the smoke or odour.
Currently, there are no dedicated devices to detect vaping on aircraft that can alert staff onboard. Which is why we created the VapeGuardian Aviation model.
- Quick and easy to install
- Accurate and effective readings
- Instant alerts
- No internet connectivity required
- Battery powered
Designed & built to put an end to vaping on aircrafts
- There are currently no devices to detect vaping on aircraft
- Smoke alarms can detect excessive / close proximity vaping
- Cabin crew are expected to smell or see all cases of vaping
- Vape pens’ unregulated batteries pose a danger
- Pressure of being on an aircraft could cause batteries to explode
- Vaping in enclosed spaces can harm those with respiratory conditions
Vape Guardian is the world's only vape sensor made for aviation
Designed with effective detection specifically in aviation. To improve air travel safety, passenger experience and aircraft cleanliness
Battery powered and bluetooth connectivity for true wireless and non-invasive installation
Deter & Discourage
Many passengers are aware that they can get away with vaping if the flight crew are otherwise engaged
Avoid the potential life threatening risk of passengers using their e-cigarettes on flights by both deterring them and catching offenders
Vaping can be difficult to detect without smart vape detectors. Vape Guardian allows the aviation industry to detect vaping easily and effectively.
- Bluetooth – Receive notifications of taping being detected to a dedicated handheld bluetooth device
- Non-invasive – Attach to the aircraft via adhesive pads or leave in varying locations to get an accurate view of vaping onboard
- Battery powered – Sensors last for up to 200 hours per charge. And receivers for months at a time
- Fast response times – From vaping being detected to receiving a notification is as fast as 5 seconds